Sunday 16 June 2013

Revisiting goals

Ok...two weeks in and what have I learned, and what have YOU learned? I've love to know so please comment at the end of this post.

This week I have seen:
  • That your weight on the scales goes up the days after eating more sugar and starchy foods.
  • That your weight on the scales goes down again a couple of days after eating clean, real food again.
  • That going public with what you are going to do helps keep you on track in most situations.
  • But that emotional triggers can still over-ride sometimes, mine being extreme tiredness and stressing when time is running out.
I now need to get organised better, so I am going to plan out my week and roughly what food I am going to eat, plus all my exercise sessions. That way I can go into auto pilot for the week and don't have to think if I don't have to!

If you fail to plan you plan to fail!

And time to re-visit my original goals. Below is what I put.

What I want:
1. I WILL lose 6-8 inches from my body.
2. I WILL lose 6lbs on the scales.
(Although the overall look will be more important as I will be weight training and trying to increase my lean muscle mass, therefore scales won't be a great method of tracking results, my clothes will!)
3. I WILL fit into my jeans comfortably and not have to undo the top button when I sit down!
4. I WILL cut out/reduce chocolate and biscuits.
5. I WILL do a ten minute high intensity workout on 5-6 days each week.
6. I WILL do weight training workouts on 5-6 days each week.
7. I WILL drink 2.7 litres of water each day (I'm currently 135lbs so 1 litre for every 50lbs bodyweight = 2.7 litres).
8. I WILL be kind to myself and maintain a positive can-do attitude.
9. I WILL post on this blog my progress and meal photos.

Now it's a very common thing to look back over the past two weeks and only focus on what I didn't do, haven't achieved and all the times when I ate sugary food. For some reason we are pre-programmed to do this. 

We always forget about all the positive things we did. So next time you spend some time making changes that will improve your health and get you leaner, make sure you write a list of all the things that you do well and ONLY those things!

What I have done well:
  • I've exercised 5-6 days each week
  • I've drunk my quota of water on most days
  • I've not written the day off when I have eaten something I didn't plan to
  • I've kept all my main meals clean and healthy
  • I've reduced the amount of chocolate and biscuits I was eating compared to before.
  • I have posted my food photos and updated this blog for each day
  • I still have a positive, I can do it, attitude
  • I still believe I CAN and WILL do this!




















www.EmmaBFitness.com
www.FabulousinaFortnight.co.uk
www.BoffosBootcamp.com
www.OptimisationPlan.com
www.7in7for7.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment