Thursday 27 June 2013

Days 21-23 - blow out

Thank goodness I was shattered when I went to bed in the hotel as being in the city centre, we were right on top of the nightlife so was like sleeping in a nightclub...boom, boom, boom. Amazingly I slept like a log.

The next morning...usual hotel buffet and offerings. We never eat this way normally so crazy we have to eat a bit from everything offered! Well, I started with a side plate's worth of scrambled egg, beans, sausage and a hash brown. I avoided the crappy cereal and all bread, but I do like an occasional croissant so had a couple of those and some banana chips. But stayed with my herbal tea and lots of water.

We finally managed to escape the hotel. There'd been a stabbing outside in the early hours and the police had taped off the road! We started the looooong and booooring drive home, via the services again for more sugary rubbish. Not a good weekend's food for me, but so be it. I bypassed dinner too.

And unfortunately I fell down a sugar hole for a couple of days. The downside to my mum buying and having biscuits in the house and me caving in! Aside from the sugar I always try and keep my main meals nutritious and healthy. 

But a weekend of complete food relaxation does show up on the scales. 4.5lbs heavier! It's really easy to be annoyed with yourself and think that there's no point healthy eating and carrying on but there absolutely is. The majority of the scale weight is merely water retention. A few days of clean eating and abstaining from sugar means it will go down again, as I have shown in previous weeks. This was a much bigger intake of sugar though this time.

Here's my meals for these days...

Day 22

Veggie scrambled egg, after a morning's fast.















Pilchard and avocado salad















 Chicken and hummus salad, after a mornings fast















Got in really late and didn't want a full dinner so this was the easy and quick option. Hummus, prawns and tomato on rye toast














So food doesn't look too bad, but it's minus all the biscuits I had on both days. Not feeling too good, really bloated, fat and puffy. 

Enough now, what's done is done. Time to get back on track, only 7 weeks till beach time!

Training:

Day 21
Rest day

Day 22
Heavy weights - back, biceps and core

Day 23
Ten minute bodyweight and core interval session


















www.EmmaBFitness.com
www.FabulousinaFortnight.co.uk
www.BoffosBootcamp.com
www.OptimisationPlan.com
www.7in7for7.co.uk 


No comments:

Post a Comment