Monday 10 June 2013

Day 6 - unplanned social situation!

Meals:

Kicked off the day with smoothie with my usual ingredients (although no spinach today).


















The greens supplement powder I use is Udo's Beyond Greens shown below.

Why? Well you can never get enough of the green stuff and this allows me to know I am getting extra nutrients in. Green veggies, especially the leafy ones like spinach, brocolli, kale etc help your body keep fat down and help prevent disease...providing you're not eating loads of sugary crap and processed junk that is. If you are, then any good nutrition you do get is used up in processing the junk rather than healing you and making your immune system stronger.


















My lunch was spectacular! Bacon, egg and avocado salad. Yummy yum!

Now the bacon was free range organic so before you go yippee, make sure you only have it occasionally (as pork is not great for us - not only is it too similar to us, pigs are scavengers and will eat anything, so are more susceptible to viruses and parasites). I don't eat it that often.















Now after planning my main meal I then get a call from a friend late afternoon saying impromptu barbecue! Ok...possible challenges ahead, but meat and salad, that'll be ok. 

I stayed away from the doritos and dips and thankfully there were no choccies or cakes in sight, not like we usually do. Whew!

But...I did decide to have some wine. I considered it the portion of carbs I was going to have as previously planned. It would also serve as a useful experiment, as I will explain on Monday ;)














Big but...the experiment backfired a little as after the wine I ended up having some chocolate, doh! NOT part of my plan, but what's done is done.

More challenges tomorrow as I go off into London for the day :)

Training:

High intensity interval workout:
I filmed a workout for my bootcamp members website. 16 exercises, 30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, using bodyweight, dumbell and core exercises.

And walked the dog for an hour in the morning :)


www.EmmaBFitness.com
www.FabulousinaFortnight.co.uk
www.BoffosBootcamp.com
www.OptimisationPlan.com
www.7in7for7.co.uk 


No comments:

Post a Comment